
A while ago I bought a new digital camera. It wasn’t cheap. For several days I was torn as I looked at my purchase. What if a better one comes out next week? What if it breaks right after the warranty expires? What if one of my friends knows where I could have gotten it cheaper? If I paid too much they’ll think I’m an idiot for sure.
Jesus bought me…and I wasn’t cheap. He didn’t just hop on the internet and order me from Amazon.com with a credit card. No, He cashed in His divinity so He could come down to the store, in person, and pay with His life. What’s more, I’m defective and He knew it before He paid. That’s right, Jesus Christ knowingly purchased a defective product in me.
Do I give Him buyers remorse? Does He ever look at me and wish He hadn’t paid so much…or paid at all? When He sees the version of me that I could be…Donnie 2.0 so to speak…and then sees me content to stay Donnie 1.5, does He want to return me for a refund? Does it bother Him that Satan laughs when my actions make His choice to pay for me look foolish?
No. It doesn’t. Because Jesus is in the business of refurbishing people. That’s what we mean by the word “Gospel”…good news. It means Jesus can take a worthless and broken product and fix it. And when He’s finished it’s more valuable than what He paid...to Him anyway...and that's all that matters.
So it’s impossible for Him to have buyers remorse because He sees value in humanity, a value that doesn’t diminish over time. He doesn’t want the latest version…He wants you…and He’ll pay full price. The question is do you want to be bought?
3 comments:
Wow...well said. It's good to hear this...thanks.
That was surprisingly touching. Thanks, Donnie.
I appreciate you Donnie Keele. This was new but still timeless. Awesome
Post a Comment