So I was walking from the Kia to our house when I heard a mule (a utility ATV made by Kawasaki) coming down the hill. And all of a sudden I have this uncontrollable urge to get out of site before the mule came around the corner. I scurried to the side door and got in the house RIGHT before the mule came into site...whew. And then it hit me how dumb that was...logically. I know and am good friends with anybody who would be driving that vehicle...there is no logical explanation for my wanting to hide.
I do that nearly every time I know somebody is coming but hasn't seen me yet...it's super weird. But, to my credit...I've never been caught...so HA!
I tried looking up this "being seen" phobia on the internet and couldn't find anything...albeit my search was by no means exhaustive. Basically I have come to the following conclusions:
1. I have a genetic advantage in becoming a ninja.
2. The urge to hide is God-given that I might survive the last days.
Seriously though...I really do wonder if there is a "scientific" explanation for this urge.
The end.
2 comments:
Since we're passing the whole "You're Not Alone" patch around, I figured I might as well admit that I get that feeling to, most embarrassingly in response to hearing my cat running down the stair, knowing that she's coming around the corner, and for some reason not wanting to be started: I get out of site/range fast. Weird, right? I wonder if it's the same.
When I get home, I'll check my DSM-IV for a diagnosis. In the meantime, check with Adam and Eve. They apparently had the same problem. :)
Post a Comment