Toot! Toot!
Can you hear that? That's the sound of me tooting my own horn because I just finished filing my taxes.
There are two things that make you feel like a true grown-up: (1) renting a car and (2) filing joint taxes for the first time for a year in which you started paying back your student loans, got married, moved, bought a car, and started making a full wage. No no...TurboTax simply wasn't going to cover it like years past when I was making so little I could deduct the Top Ramen I was living on. But before you get too impressed with my crazy awesome, multi-form tax filing skills there is another horn I must toot.
Toot Toot!
That's the sound of me tooting H&R Block's horn...because I probably would have gone to jail for tax fraud if I had attempted to fill out the 10+ forms that CA thought necessary to impose on it's new residents. Luckily, Mrs. Anita came to the rescue with her vast tax knowledge and stories of cruise ship mishaps from days past (bonus). All in all 1.5 hours led to...
Toot! Toot!
That's the sound of me tooting my refunds horn...which is now on it's way to the IRS who will say a few curse words because they have to give (some of) my money back to me. Indeed, only a few more days until my refund money is happily reunited with it's peers in my account. But the reunion will be short lived because...
Toot! Toot!
That's the sound of me paying off my credit card. Don't get me wrong...thoughts of shiny new things danced in my brain but I had to push them aside so I can take a shot at the man. Yes, the man thought he had a tight grip around my throat via debt...and he did....for a long time...and actually he still kind of does. But now I get to lessen one of his icy fingers from around my neck and in the process...
Toot! Toot!
That's the sound of my credit score going up a few points after being punched in the face by car dealers checking my credit several times and then buying a car because MY CONTOUR WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE LIKES OF CALIFORNIA. Truth told...it wasn't good enough for the likes of a third world country but buying a Kia punched my credit in the face. And finally...
Toot! Toot!
That's the sound of a whistle in a Donald Duck cartoon as he teaches us the important role income tax plays in aiding a nation at war. Yes, every true American knows spending your money means supporting the Nazi party while saving to pay your taxes is the mark of a hero...even if the hero appears in a racist cartoon. Just one more sign that Disney will play a significant role in the end time carnage to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment