This week I did something that I didn't think I would ever do: sell my beloved subwoofers. Anybody who knows me remembers that I cherish the flavor of life lived by 16 year-olds in that I am content to ride "with the windows down and the system up." Sadly (maybe) that 16 year-old part of me died on May 9, 2009 when it was time (long past due) to become a man. And men don't like subwoofers in their cars...they like subwoofers in their houses.
Still, as a white Chevy Tahoe on chrome 22 inch rims drove away, proudly setting off car alarms and rattling the windows of any nearby buildings as I had happily done so many times, I couldn't help but fight back the single tear that was trying to escape my eye...until I laughed all the way to the bank. The truth is times change and nobody wants to be that 60 yr old man with bleached, spiked hair and a soul patch.
So here's to you, car subwoofers...we had a good run but it was time. And now you put money back into my bank account so I can buy things that matter...like snowboarding equipment for my wife...Happy Birthday to me...I just turned 17!
2 comments:
Youth is but a crumbling sandcastle...
yes...yes it is...
Post a Comment